Nashville may be known mostly for its big-city excitement, but the area around it is loved for its quiet and beautiful countryside. It's a place where just about anybody can find home, and if you're thinking of joining the Nashville area community, then let me be the first to welcome you to Middle Tennessee! Whether you're relocating from across the state, country, or even the world, I'm sure you'll find a place to love here, and I'd love to help! Here are some things you need to know about moving to Middle Tennessee.
Why Choose Middle Tennessee?
There are so many reasons to love living here... Here are a few of my favorites.
The city of Nashville is absolutely bursting with opportunity—jobs and employment, shopping and dining, nightlife and entertainment, arts and culture, pro sports... and so much more.
Middle Tennessee is a place where you can work in the big city and live in the quiet bliss of the countryside. You can own large acreage properties, horse properties, or even working farms.
Surrounding the city of Nashville are an endless variety of smaller towns, villages, and communities, each a little different from the last and each with plenty of unique quirks to love.
Featured Homes for Sale in Middle Tennessee
Middle Tennessee at a Glance
Airport: Nashville International Airport
Major Highways: I-65, I-40, I-24
Population (Nashville Metro Area): 1,903,045
Mean Household Income: $49,891
Mean Household Value: $174,600
Communities of Middle Tennessee
Want to know more about the towns, cities, and communities of Middle Tennessee? Here are a few of the more prominent towns in the Nashville region.
The affluent community of Brentwood is the perfect blend of rolling countryside, local and national businesses, and thriving shops and amenities... all just minutes from Nashville.
Located just 45 miles south of Nashville, Columbia is within easy driving distance of big-city opportunities. But with plenty of its own attractions, recreation, and businesses, this little town is complete with all the essentials.
Discover rich culture and unbeatable entertainment in the bustling shops, the delicious eateries, and the world-class performance venues that line scenic Main Street of Franklin.
It’s the state capital, the second largest city in Tennessee, and America’s center for country music… but Nashville is so much more; it’s a thriving city of culture, of diversity, of opportunity.
Middle Tennessee Helpful Relocation Tips
Moving is no picnic! But I've got a few tips and tricks that'll (hopefully) make the process go a little smoother. Here's what you'll need to do before you move.
Plan your move ahead of time
Begin planning your move at least a month or two before moving day arrives. The sooner you can pack and coordinate, the better. During this stage, be sure to...
- Stock up on packing materials like boxes, tape, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap.
- Start small by packing one room at a time so you stay organized and don't get overwhelmed.
- Be selective about what you pack so you're not wasting time packing up things you don't even use or need.
- Decide how you'll be moving, such as whether you'll be hiring a moving company or using a more DIY approach, like renting a Uhaul trailer.
Pack smart and stay organized
In the days and weeks leading up to your move, finish packing up your belongings into boxes. Don't forget to...
- Label everything, including what room the box belongs in and what items are in it.
- Pack fragile items last and be sure to wrap them up in bubble wrap, towels, or winter clothing for extra protection.
- Pack heavier items separately to keep boxes from becoming overweighted and breaking or being too difficult to carry.
Stay organized through the move
On moving day, keep as much important information within reach as possible. That way, you'll have easy access to the essentials if you need to get to them quickly. Be sure to...
- Prepare an "essentials" bag containing important personal information, such as toiletries, medications, and a change of clothes.
- Create an "Open Me First" box with items you'll need right away, like cleaning supplies, toilet paper, soap, paper towels, and more.
- Wait to unpack until after you've given your new home a thorough cleaning! Then, start with the most important rooms and work your way slowly through to stay organized and avoid burnout!
Relocate with an Expert
Nashville, Franklin, and other Southern Middle Tennessee communities offer no shortage of beautiful country properties. As your local real estate expert, I can help you find your dream home quickly and easily. Connect with me and let's talk about your home buying plans.